Green Bikes Gaudi & Modernisme Tour
Antoni Gaudi is unquestionably the most famous figure in Barcelona’s modern history. His incredible genius, or perhaps his madness, helped define a new form of imaginative architecture that swept through Catalonia at the turn of the century. Although his name supersedes all others, there are many other geniuses whose architectural masterpieces are arguably on par with the man himself. This tour will highlight Gaudi’s most famous buildings – La Pedrera, Casa Batllo and of course La Sagrada Familia – while also introducing you to the impressive works of his lesser known, yet incredibly talented colleagues, such as Domenech i Montaner and Puig i Cadafalch. Not only will this route focus on the most famous works of these artists, but also on the much smaller pieces that shaped their path to greatness. It is an easy ride through the city, and is almost completely spent riding along the many bike lanes that connect these buildings. For those travelers looking for a unique insight into this eccentric art movement, this is tour is not to be missed!
Tour Price 25€/person, IVA included. 4 person minimum required to book.
Group discounts available. Please email for specific quote.
Meeting Point - Carrer Escudellers 48, Barcelona
Laid-back three hour journey covering the best of Barcelona's Modernisme
Brand new easy to ride, cruiser style bikes
An Enthusiastic local guide ready to help you discover Barcelona
Free maps ready to be plastered with advice and local knowledge unique to you
- Bring your sunscreen & camera
Highlights of your trip:
- La Sagrada Familia, Gaudi’s spectalur unfinished church
- The many incredible buildings which line the streets of the Diagonal street
- La Pedrera, Gaudi’s controversial stone house
- Casa Batllo, Gaudi’s most colourful apartment building
- The famous Passeig de Gracia, home of Barcelona’s most celebrated modernist buildings
- Plaça Catalunya and its fountains located at the top of Las Ramblas
- Las Ramblas and the Mercat de la Boqueria, Barcelona’s fresh food market
- Palau Guell, home to Gaudi’s greatest fan, and the man behind Gaudi’s unlimited funds
- Plaça Reial, and Gaudi’s first ever commissioned piece